Can’t stay away from crisp? well this might just be the alternative you need. This crunchy high fiber, protein snack is addictive; they are great have by the handful, and adds new dimension to salads.
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed (opt. for one with the lowest sodium)
- 1/2 a tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 a teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Using a clean cloth, pat dry them as well as possible.
- In a large bowl place and coat the chickpeas with spices and coconut oil
- Place chickpeas on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Roast chickpeas for 1 hour or until golden and crispy. Cool chickpeas on baking tray.
*Store chickpeas in an airtight container for up to 2 days at room temperature.