Personal favourite as a quick grab and go brekkie; it’s great to scoff down while on the move, this cheeky muffin is easy on the waist line and it’s packs a great antioxidant punch from the mix of blueberries and tangy lemon. oh joys!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 eggs *preferably free range
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons juice of lemon
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries * fresh or frozen
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. In a small bowl, mix coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the dry mixture and blueberries until well incorporated.
4. Grease a baking pan with coconut, pour batter into the baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until the muffins comes out clean when skewed with a toothpick.
5. Let it sit cool before consuming, if you can resist.
*Feel free to substitute blueberries with any other berries of your liking.