Raw cakes are also known as raw cheesecake the reason being is probably because it does resemble cheesecake, well with a healthier twist that is. This treat requires no baking, there’s no gluten, no dairy, and no refine sugar involved.
Raw Mango Cake Recipe.
Mangoes are rich in beta-carotene which is converted into vitamin A when consumed. Vitamin A is particularly good for eyesight, skin, mucus membrane, and immune system. This blissful treat also contains a great amount of vitamin c and potassium as if you need anymore enticing, lets get to it.
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup pitted medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons dried coconut
- pinch of salt,
- 1 large mango chopped, fresh or frozen works.
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 cup cashew kernels soaked overnight
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil in liquid form
- 1 tablespoons honey or 2 tbsp agave nectar *I prefer using Manuka honey as it adds an aromatic dimension to taste.
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a blender/food processor blend all base ingredients until combined, add the mixture into a lined baking tin and press down firmly.
- Make the filling by placing the mango, lime juice, cashews, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla in the blender/food processor, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin over the base, spread evenly, and let it set in the freezer overnight or a minimum of 3-4hrs.
- Remove the the cheesecake from the freezer, cut up into serving size desired and garnish with a layering of fresh mango or stone fruit you have on hand.
- You always can freeze chopped mangoes in packs in the freezer when the season comes to play. This way you’ll always have some handy to eat without having the fork out silly amounts when it’s off season. When picking mangoes, smell it, the fragrance is a good give away the more pungent the sweeter it’ll tend to be.
- If you have a small freezer you might find raw cheesecakes best made in (rectangular) loaf tin, this could also mean saving up half the portion for an emergency dessert for times you have unexpected guest over. Cover it well with cling wrap and it’ll save in freezer for up to a month.