Do you ever get the urge to wear elasticated pants, turn on the tele and to gorge on a chocolate pudding? We’ll every, say one in a month I get mad cravings for chocolate, to combat I would generally make up a batch of clean eating treat to keep handy. Here is one for you chocolate lovers out there. x
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grounded chia seeds *optional, I like it with it gives the pudding a thicker consistency.
- A pinch of salt
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor. Blend until the mixture is completely smooth, scraping down the sides to even out the blend.
- Store in a airtight container to chill in the fridge for at least an hour or until ready to be consumed.
- To serve place the mousse in individual cups garnished with nuts, and fruits (it pairs particulary well with bananas, berries, and sliced oranges).
Note: This will keep up to 4 days in the fridge, or 6 weeks in the freezer. This mousse is a great all rounder; serves well as a creamy chocolate sauce, great as a rich chocolate ice cream alternative, to frost cakes with, and even as a face mask if you really want to (I recommend consuming it instead). Tip: You can tell when an avocado is ripe by holding it in your hard. If it’s hard – it’s not ripe. If it’s soft – it’s avocado mousse material. Though for normal consumption such you should look out for avocados with a slight give not more, not less.Keep it stored in the fridge to slow down ripening.