Nut butter making isn’t as intimidating as it may seem, it does not require much ingredients forgiving to make and also a healthier alternative to the commercial offerings, only problem is it can be highly addictive. We’ve going to a mental nut butter making phase at the moment, so far we’ve made almond butter, pecan and walnut butter, and now its onto Brazil and walnut combo.
Ingredients makes up about 270ml of nutbutter
- 130 grams raw Walnut
- 170 grams raw Brazil nuts
- 1 teaspoon light olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon honey or to desired taste.*nuts can be swapped over with whatever nut or seed that tickles your fancy.We’re still experimenting with preference it can be rather fun as it gives a variation to the spreads on a regular basis.
2. In the food processor/blender grind the nuts continuously for about 1 minute then pulsate and scrape down the nuts to ease with an even grind, add in honey, olive oil, salt to the mixture when it starts forming into a paste. Continue the blending process until a desired consistency is reached.
3. Pour the nut butter in a glass container, mason jar would be ideal. Nut butter is ready to use immediately, store in fridge for up to two weeks, if you can resist that long.