Make these pancakes in advance to freeze for an effortless breakfast or handy snack to keep. Cook and cool the pancakes, stack them with pieces of waxed paper in between to prevent sticking, place in a air tight container to freeze.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Serves: 4 portions
- 4 eggs *preferable free range.
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree.
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- In a large bowl mix eggs, pumpkin, nut butter and beat with a whisk until smooth. Add in cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg and then whisk again to incorporate.
- Using a skillet over medium-high heat, add in coconut oil to coat the pan, swivel to make sure the pan is well coated.
- Drop 1/4 cup servings of batter itno the pan, cook until bubbles begin to apprear and the edges are set, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancake over gently to cook the otherside 2minutes.
- Cook in batches adding more coconut oil to the pan as necessary.
*For variation replace pumpkin with pureed apples or mashed instead.