Pears are a low-calorie, they provide a great source of dietary fibre, vitamin C and amongst other nutrients. Saute them in a frying pan as an alternative to eating them raw. Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large pears, cored and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- pinch of salt
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat add in coconut oil with pears and saute until they begin to soften, this will take about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the ginger, lemon zest, and salt to the pears. Continue cooking until the pears are golden and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, spoon the pears into a dessert bowls and add muesli or sliced almonds over the top. To make this dish even more decadent grate 70% dark chocolate and drizzle each serving with a couple of tablespoons of warm coconut milk or kefir.