For Hal’e birthday I decided to bake him something a little healthier than the traditional banana cake. This recipe has much lower in sugar than a traditional banana cake.Also by choosing to using rice brand oil instead of butter makes it low in saturated fat too. Bananas are also a great energy booster and rich in potassium, vital for muscle developments and to great in helping regulate blood pressure. Perfect for a gym buff like Hal’e, G.T.L bro!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups extra ripe banana mashed
- 1/2 cup oil * I used rice bran oil
- 2 large eggs *preferably free range
1. Preheat the oven to 338F (170C)
2. Sift flour,baking soda and sugar in a bowl
3. In another bowl add eggs, oil, bananas and vanilla mix until well blended
4. Add half the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until well blended.Mix in the remainder and whisk with a electric beater for about a minute.
5. Pour batter into a well oiled caked tin and bake at 170C for about 30-35 minutes *test check the cake to see if it’s ready 30 minutes in.
6. Once out of the oven, give the cake 30 minutes to stand cool in it’s pan before removing or icing.
7. As for frosting options, I highly recommend vanilla buttercream or chocolate ganache.