Vegan vanilla sponge
- 1 1/3 cups self raising flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/c cup oil
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 338F (170C)
2. In a large mixing bowl sift and mix all the dry ingredients together
3. Add water, vanilla, and oil into the dry mixture
4. Beat together for two minutes until well blended and no lumps.
5. Add batter to lightly oiled cake tin and bake for 27-30 minutes, or until cake skew test clean.
6. Leave the cake to stand cool in pan for about 20-30 minutes before removing.
7. I assembled the cake with layers of caramel in between, and iced it with Vegan Buttercream.But you can choose to dress your cake however you like e.g sprinkled with icing sugar and berries.
- 1/2 Cup Olive spread
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup Soy Milk
- 1 3/4 Cup icing sugar
In saucepan over medium heat add all the ingredients together and slowly bring to boil while whisking. About 2-3 minutes in after boiling temp, turn off heat once caramel starts to from. Set aside and let cool completely before using.Caramel will keep for up to a week if stored in the fridge.