I managed to sleep through the night for the first time in weeks. I think it’s the soothing peppermint hot chocolate before bed, that needs to be given credit. Woke up this morning feeling recharged for once. I spent the day reading a book that is taking far too long to finish, and then spend the day with the family mulling about reminiscing the past. It’s the small things that I’m learning to appreciate… As winter creeps up on us, a warm cup of jazzed-up hot chocolate might just be the thing we all need.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Tatua ready whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whole or skim milk
- 110 grams bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract *adult version substitute with little peppermint schnapps instead
- a pinch of salt
- 4 peppermint candy *garnish only, don’t sweat over it too much if you can’t find any
1.In a saucepan, combine milk, sugar, and salt over medium-low heat.
2.When the mixture just begins to boil, add the chopped chocolate, and stir, until melted. Stir in the peppermint.
3.Divide the hot chocolate among mugs and top with whipped cream, crushed peppermint candy, and chocolate shaving.